Finest artists' watercolours complete range of 139 colours in 4 . series
- 139 brilliant and intense colours with Oxgall: 100 unchanged tones, 35 new tones, 4 optimised tones.
- 112 tones with highest possible lightfastness (4 and 5 stars)
- 95 one-pigment-tones for brilliant mixing results
- Large colour range due to new pigment classes as well as 20 new pigments, e.g. quinacridone, perylene, transparent iron oxides
- Pans poured 4 times in liquid state for highest yield
- Especially selected Gum Arabic as binding medium
- Fully reusable paint when dried on a palette
- High control of paint flow, even on soft watercolour papers
- Quality assortment "Made in Germany"
- Same colour recipes for pans and tubes
- 139 colours in full and half pans as well as in 5 ml- and 15 ml-tubes
The new range of Schmincke colours include 35 new colours, among these, 32 are one pigment tones. It is a premium assortment. The increased use of highly lightfast pigments, such as Quinacridone and Perylene, offers completely new possibilities for the artist. 10 new red colours, 3 new one-pigment violet colours, 4 new black tones and 8 new brown colours, partly transparent like e.g. Transparent Ochre or Transparent Umber, have been added to the premium assortment. The ultramarine range has been enlarged with the famous colour French Ultramarine.
UNIQUE PIGMENTS - NEW COLOURS
Quinacridones: These highly lightfast pigments are used to complete the quinacridone range from 6 to 9 tones, visible in the name, e.g. Quinacridone red light.
Perylenes: Using completely new, highly lightfast perylene pigments this range is enlarged; 3 new colours (Perylene green, Perylene red deep, Perylene violet).
Ultramarine: This range gets with the French Ultramarine a much asked for one-pigment colour, a reddish, intense and granulating blue, coloristically situated between the three already existing ultramarines.
Transparent iron oxides: The 3 new transparent colours Transparent Ochre, Transparent Sienna as well as Transparent Umber complete the spectrum of opaque brown colours. These transparent colours are rare due to the very hard and difficult to process consistency with these pigments.
Brilliant tones: The existing brilliant colours have been optimized due to changing on the raw material market. The new pigments have nearly the same coloristic, but a better quality. The new brilliant tone Brilliant Opera Rose, especially for painting flowers, has been added. All brilliant colours now contain a mixture of fluorescent and highly lightfast pigments. Due to the influence of light on the fluorescent components of the colours, the brilliant tones do not have an evaluation of lightfastness.
Black/Grey: 3 new colours – Graphite Grey, Hematite Black and Mars Black enlarge the spectrum.
Potters Pink: This worldwide well-known colour, containing the special pigment PR 233, has been added to the assortment, too.