Black Lava acrylic texture medium
- Effects Painting Medium
- Texture: Thick Lava Flakes
- Sheen: Satin
- Relative Opacity: Opaque
- A black speckled gel that contains small, flat, hexagonal shaped dark aggregates.
- Appear grey when wet but dry to give the effect of ground, dry, black lava.
- When mixed with transparent and translucent colors, black speckled quality is most apparent.
- Mix with Liquitex Interference Paint for dramatic color effects.
- Apply with different tools i.e. palette knife, trowel, paint brush or cake decorating tips to produce different effects.
- Mix Liquitex acrylic paint into Liquitex Texture Gel or let gel dry and paint on top.
- Mix with Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish to produce textured glazes.
- As most Liquitex Texture Gels are translucent very small amounts of paint are needed
- Add Liquitex Gel Medium or Heavy Gel Medium when using additional aggregates (such as sand) to avoid brittleness.
- Liquitex Texture Gels can be thinned with small amounts of water if necessary.
- Varnish with care to avoid foaming or clouding, spray apply if possible.
- Contains specific aggregates, which produce a variety of unique textural, dimensional and reflective effects, when mixed with acrylic paint.
- All Liquitex Texture Gels may be intermixed to increase the variety of possible textures.
- Formulated for maximum flexibility and adhesion, will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Can be applied to any material or surface that will accept traditional acrylic media, such as canvas, paper, wood, etc.
- Texture Gels are lightweight, non-toxic and dry to a water resistant, non-yellowing surface.