Final fixative to protect water-colour paintings from humidity and dust based on alcohol. Colourless; non-yellowing, age-resistant; fast drying. (Hint: May increase transparency of water-colour papers!)
Protects watercolor paintings from fingerprints, humidity and dust. No color changes when applied in thin layers. It may increase transparency of watercolor paper. Shake well before use. Available in a 400ml can.
Please note AEROSOLS CAN NOT be sent via Australia Post, please select courier as the shipping option.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray at room temperature by moving the can from one side to the other and from top to bottom and holding the can at a distance of 30 – 40 cm from the vertically positioned or slightly inclined and completely dry object. (Make the change in spray direction away from the picture!)
- The level of gloss depends in accordance to absorbance of the surface, painting technique and the thickness of the film.
- The subsequent fixing of the surface of a picture produced using materials low in binding agents like water-colours or gouache colors may cause the colour shade to become significantly darker. Using too much fixative frequently causes a loss of “lightness”. The product may also makes the support, for example the paper, more transparent.
- The fixative coats normally used in practice give no special UV protection to the paints used! For this reason, we recommend that you use high-quality and lightfast artists´ paints from the outset as far as possible.
- For the ideal protection of water-colour paintings we additionally recommend using special glass for frames.
- Any clogged-up spray heads are best cleaned using acetone.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C (122°F).
- Individual pre-tests are required.
- 300ml can