Schmincke Lino Gloss Medium
Schmincke Lino Gloss is a medium that is rich in binder for mixtures with linoprint colours. Increases gloss and transparency. Use pure for maximum effect. Mixing ratio: atleast 1 part medium to 3 parts of linoprint colour.
- LINO gloss is ready to use and should be used undiluted.
- To be used in mixtures with Schmincke linoprint colours or pure for overprinting.
- The mixing ratio medium to linoprint colour should be at least 1 part medium to 3 parts of linoprint colour. The effect rises with the amount of medium and the darkness of the linoprint colour.
- The product is water mixable, but remains water-soluble like Schmincke linoprint colours.
- Please clean working tools as soon as possible with water or water and LINO CLEAN 50903.
- Close immediately after use.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from frost.
- Individual pre-tests are required.
Ivory black with LINO gloss - left: pure colour, right: application overprinted with LINO gloss
In general not only aqua-Linoprint colours in artists€™ quality but also College® Linoprint colours in student quality can be applied directly to suitable supports like paper or board.
However, adding the LINO mediums allow additional visual effects to be achieved: depending on the medium used, print colours are made more transparent, glossy or acquire a shimmering mother-of-pearl effect. The effect depends on the quantity of medium added and on the colour shade of the linoprint colour. In general, the greater the quantity of LINO medium and the darker the shade, the more distinctive the effect.
All three LINO mediums are mixed unthinned into the linoprint colours. LINO gloss (50901) and LINO pearl (50900) also allow subsequent accentuation by being printed on separately. Just like our linoprint colours, they are wipe-resistant but not water-resistant after drying, they are low-odour and can be mixed with water. (Note: the addition of LINO mediums slightly extend the open time of the print colours.)
For the storage of all LINO mediums and for Schmincke printing colours: Protect against frost.