Very effective universal fixative for several painting and drawing techniques based on alcohol. Intermediate fixative for charcoal and pencil (so they can be painted over with oil colours!); final fixative for charcoal, pencil, pastels, water-colours, gouache, art prints, inkjet-prints, photos.
Colourless; non-yellowing; age-resistant; fast drying.
Charcoal, pencil, pastels (watercolours, gouache, linoprint, inkjet prints, photos) fixative, dries clear, alcohol based fixative of bleached shellac and synthetic resign. Minimal colour change, non yellowing. 400ml can.
Please note AEROSOLS CAN NOT be sent via Australia Post, please select courier as the shipping option.
- Intermediate fixative for charcoal and pencil (so they can be painted over with oil colours!); final fixative for charcoal, pencil and pastel; also suitable for water-colours, gouache and aqua-linoprint-colours. Can also be used as varnish for inkjet prints, art prints and photos.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray at room temperature by moving the can from one side to the other and from top to bottom and holding the can at a distance of 30 – 40 cm from the vertically positioned or slightly inclined and completely dry object. (Make the change in spray direction away from the picture!)
- The level of gloss depends in accordance to absorbance of the surface, painting technique and the thickness of the film.
- Sometimes an intermediate fixation of the art work is helpful.
- The subsequent fixing of the surface of a picture produced using materials low in binding agents may cause the colour shade to become significantly darker. Using too much fixative frequently causes a loss of “lightness”. The product may also makes the support, for example the paper, more transparent.
- The fixative coats normally used in practice give no special UV protection to the paints used! For this reason, we recommend that you use high-quality and lightfast artists´ paints / printing inks from the outset as far as possible.
- Any clogged-up spray heads are best cleaned using acetone.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C (122°F).
- Individual pre-tests are required.