Sennelier Standard Oil Pastels Sets
The world's finest oil pastels were originally created in 1949 by Henri Sennelier for Pablo Picasso. Picasso, a frequent patron of Henri€™s art supply shop across from the Louvre, was looking for a vibrant coloured pastel he could use to paint on anything, eg. wood, metals, paper, canvas, etc. Picasso enjoyed the immediacy of children€™s crayons and soft pastels, but wanted to be able to use their freer, gestural qualities on all surfaces, and wanted them to be professional quality and lightfast. Sennelier€™s first oil pastels have since been the hallmark and long-time standard of the medium.
- Sets to fit every budget!
- Highly pigmented and lightfast
- Draw on virtually any surface!
- Unlike oil paint, substrates do not require priming
- Soft, creamy application of color
- Available in open stock of 120 vibrant colors (including iridescent, metallic and fluorescent colors)
- Sketching in color
- Mixed Media Artists
- Professional Artists
- Plein Air - no need to lug brushes, solvents, palette, etc.!
- Beautiful wood boxed sets make perfect gifts!
- Set of 120 standard pastels Code: N132518.120 not a stock item please check availability before ordering
- Set of 50 standard pastels Code: N132518.50 not a stock item please check availability before ordering
- Set of 36 standard pastels Code: N132560.36