Chromacryl Student Gesso Primer
Chromacryl Gesso is used to prepare surfaces for painting for Chromacryl paints. Our Gesso’s are made to a high viscosity formulation which can be used to produce texture before starting to paint.
- Gesso’s have excellent covering power and provide a smooth, even finish with a very fine ‘tooth’
- when a smooth more even surface is required a little water can be added to produce a smooth effect
- use 2 coats of Gesso to seal and prepare the surface you want to work on
- we recommend using our Gesso’s to seal non-professional pre-primed canvases
- Gesso primers are formulated to prevent moisture loss through absorption, which can make acrylic paint dry too quickly, leaving the paint looking flat and dull
- Gesso Primers are ideal for the preparation of most surfaces: canvas, cardboard, illustration board, paper, etc.
Note: An alternative preparation for white surfaces such as paper is preferably to use a coat of Binder Medium which has the advantage that can be painted into while it is still wet.