Matte Medium increases fluidity and reduces sheen.
- Fluid Painting Medium
- Texture: Fluid
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity: Transparent
- Creates a matte, non-reflecting finish when added to acrylic colors.
- Mix into any acrylic paint to increase transparency and extend color, increase matte sheen, increase film integrity, ease flow of paint and add flexibility and adhesion of paint film.
- Mix with Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish to produce a semi-gloss or satin medium.
- Opaque when wet, translucent when dry.
APPLICATION AS AN EXTENDER:
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while maintaining viscosity.
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color or Basics Acrylic Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while decreasing paint viscosity.
APPLICATION AS A FIXATIVE:
- Use as a matte fixative over artwork (pastel, graphite, chalk) to decrease gloss or shine. Mix 1 part Matte Medium to 1 part distilled water and apply with atomizer or airbrush. Excess medium applied to the surface may cause fogging.
APPLICATION AS A GROUND:
- Recommended fluid medium to use as a transparent ground (size), with excellent tooth and adhesion, instead of gesso. This will allow the color and texture of the support to show through. Can be used as a substitute for the rabbit skin and hide glue size traditionally used for oil paintings.
- For best results use Liquitex Clear Gesso which has more tooth for paint and pastels.
- Exterior Murals: If the support or wall is somewhat smooth, a coat of Matte Medium should be brushed or two coats sprayed onto the surface prior to gessoing.