A great way to antique without the hassle of oil-based mediums. MM20 Water-Based Patina only takes 4 to 6 hours to dry.
Directions for using MM20:
- Clean project of all dust, grease and oil.
- Moisten your project all over with a cotton cloth soaked in MM20 Water-Based Patina to prevent the surface from absorbing too much colour.
- Dab Matisse Flow Burnt Umber or Raw Umber on the cloth soaked in MM20 Water-Based Patina and spread over your project beginning at the outside edge and moving into the centre.
- Wipe back excess colour to desired effect with a clean cloth.
- If you have made your item too dark, apply MM20 Water-Based Patina to a clean cloth and wipe over to remove colour while the project is still wet.
- Allow antiquing to dry at least 24 hours, depending on the weather and how heavily the project was antiqued.
Note it is best to apply a coat of Derivan Pre-Antiquing Medium before antiquing to create a layer between the paint and antiquing so as not to move any of the under-painting.