Schmincke Fixative Spray for Charcoal & Pencil
Very effective final fixative for charcoal and pencil made of bleached shellac and non-yellowing, synthetic resin based on alcohol. Fast drying; also suitable for pastels if used sparingly
(HINT: Due to higher resin content stronger fixation than pastel fixative, but also might increase more the intensity of colour!)
- Shake well before use.
- Spray at room temperature after spray test and rise pressure by moving the can from one side to the other and from top to bottom and holding the can at a distance of about 40 cm from the vertically positioned or slightly inclined and completely dry object. (Advice: Spray head should be moved regularly. Make the change in spray direction away from the picture. With AEROPUMP cans the spray formation is less dispersed in comparison with AEROSPRAY cans.)
- The level of gloss depends in accordance to absorbance of the surface, painting technique and the thickness of the film.
- Sometimes an intermediate fixation of the art work is helpful.
- The subsequent fixing of the surface of a picture produced using materials low in binding agents like charcoal or pencil may cause the colour shade to become significantly darker. Using too much fixative frequently causes a loss of “lightness”. The product may also makes the support, for example the paper, more transparent.
- Also suitable for pastels if used sparingly. Due to higher resin content stronger fixation than pastel fixative, but also might increase more the intensity of colour!
- The fixative coats normally used in practice give no special UV protection to the paints used! For this reason, we recommend that you use high-quality and lightfast artists´ paints from the outset as far as possible.
- Any clogged-up spray heads are best cleaned using alcohol / ethanol.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Individual pre-tests are required.
Sizes: 350 ml