Winsor & Newton Cotman Brush Set
The Winsor & Newton Cotman Brushes range have bristles made from pure synthetic fibres, with two thicknesses of hair to make the perfect brush which retains its strength, spring, shape, and colour carrying capacity. This economical range is suitable for any level of artist, from student level to professional.
The set contains a selection of 5 best selling brushes from the Winsor & Newton Cotman Range:
- 111 Watercolour Synthetic Round Brush #5 is a traditional and versatile brush. The round shape allows artists to create both broad strokes and finer detail work. It features a short handle with a round brush with pointed tip.
- 333 Short Handle Rigger Brush #1 is best used for fine details and line work. It's particularly useful when painting tree branches and telephone lines.
- 667 Angle Brush 1/8" is designed with a flat brush, slanting to a pointed tip. This makes it a versatile brush shape that is perfect for detailed work and filling larger areas. The slanted tip helps artists create curved shapes and straight wedges.
- 888 Synthetic Short Handle Fan Brush #2 is great for blending and creating soft edges and textures. It's particularly useful for painting portraits or for other fine detail work.
- 222 Synthetic Long Hair Round Brush #1 has a short handle with an elongated round head with pointed tip. It is best used for line work and fine detail.
- Wipe clean with a lint-free cloth and rinse under running water.
- Using mild soap and cool water, swirl the soapy brush in the palm of your hand and rinse.
- Repeat until water runs clear.
- Squeeze or shake off excess water, then gently reshape the bristles and leave to dry.