Winsor & Newton Galeria Short Flat Brushes
Winsor & Newton Galeria Short Flat Brush is a great brush range for creating controlled sharp edges. They are suitable for painting with heavy paint consistency.
The Short Flat Brushes are designed with a long handle and a large short flat edged brush tip. The bristles are made from specially shaped fibres that won't splay, halpng artists create a controlled width of mark.
The Winsor & Newton Galeria range of brushes is a popular brush choice due to its versatility. While it is best suited to acrylic painting, the brush is suitable for all paint types. The bristles are made from synthetic filaments making it a strong and resilient brush with excellent spring. The Galeria range is great for different styles & techniques of painting, with bristles that are stiffer than sable hair and softer than hog hair brushes.
- Wipe the brush bristles clean.
- Rinse under running water.
- For cleaning water-based varnishes: Using mild soap and warm water, swirl the brush on your palm and rinse.
- For cleaning solvent-based varnishes: use an artist's white spirit or brush cleaner to thin down paint and lift it off the bristles, then rinse under water.
- Repeat until the waters run clear.
- For a thorough clean, soak the brush overnight in a brush cleaner, which will remove any dried acrylic colour.
- Note: Wash immediately after using, or leave to soak in water if this is not possible to prevent paint drying on to bristles.